Article by William J. Lund
Anybody up for a small sports trivia quiz? One of my favorite traditions is to check out the Rose Bowl football game. The Super Bowl is fantastic, but I just don’t feel you can defeat excellent old college football and my favorite sport of all is the Rose Bowl. Appears like the Oregon Ducks could just be there this year. Go Ducks!
I am pondering I’ll make this a football quiz. So assume trivia queries about university football, skilled football, the NFL, AFC, football background, principles and any other trivia I could dig up. You can strip out the answers in your word processor and use the quiz for whichever occasion you want.
And now on with the questions and of course, the answers.
one. What school once had 22 members of the Phi Beta Kappa honor society on its football group? A: Dartmouth, in 1925.
2. Who was the first specialist football player to run for far more than two,000 yards in a period? A: O. J. Simpson, who racked up two,003 yards for Buffalo in 1973, breaking the prior document of 1,863 yards set 10 years previously by Jim Brown.
3. The New York Jets had been beating the Oakland Raiders 32-29 with 75 seconds of play to go in November 1968 when the game was pre-empted by the children’s classic “Heidi.” What was the last score? A: The Raiders won, 43-32, following making two final-minute touchdowns.
4. Which was the initial activity to have its best gamers named to an All-American team? A: Football, in 1889. The idea originated with famed football authority Walter Camp, who picked 36 All-American teams right up until his death in 1925.
five. In the National Football League, how many footballs is the home staff essential to present for each and every game? A: 24–although from 8 to 12 are typically utilised.
6. Who was the famous wonderful-great-grandfather of San Francisco 49er quarterback Steve Youthful? A: Mormon leader Brigham Youthful.
seven. What football player was the recipient of the biggest Tremendous Bowl ring actually made? A: Defensive tackle William “The Refrigerator” Perry of the Chicago Bears in 1986. The ring was a dimensions 23.
eight. What football groups ended up on the area in the 1977 movie Back Sunday? A: The Dallas Cowboys and the Pittsburgh Steelers. The sport proven is Tremendous Bow X at the Orange Bowl, won by the Steelers, 21-17.
9. Who was the only two-time winner of the Heisman Trophy? A: Archie Griffin of Ohio State, who won the award in each 1974 and 1975.
10. What was the identify of the only National Football League staff actively playing in Pennsylvania in 1943? A: The Steagles–the Pittsburgh Steelers and Philadelphia Eagles merged in the course of Entire world War II when numerous players were serving abroad.
eleven. What groups competed in the first football Tremendous bowl in 1967? A: The Green Bay Packers and the Kansas City Chiefs. The Packers won the game, 35-ten.
twelve. Who is the only guy elected to the two the Baseball and football Halls of Fame? A: Cal Hubbard, the tackle for the Green Bay packers and New York Giants who became an American League umpire following his retirement form football.
thirteen. Who said, “Display me a good loser and I’ll show you a loser”? A: Former Ohio State football coach Woody Hayes, who was fired for getting a negative loser and attacking a Clemson player who intercepted a pass in the closing moments of the 1978 Gator Bowl. Ohio misplaced, 17-fifteen.
14. Why were there two kickoffs at the start of the 2nd 50 percent of Superbowl I? A: NBC was running a commercial and missed the 1st kickoff. Officials nullified the play and had the half star more than once again. the 1967 sport ended with the Green Bay Packers beating the Kansas City Chiefs, 35 – ten.
fifteen. With what football group did the huddle originate? A: With the deaf Gallaudet University group, in the 1890s. Members of the Washington, D.C., crew went into a huddle to hide the hand signals they ended up making use of during a sport in opposition to an additional deaf team.
About the Writer
Enjoyable Trivia Quizzes – Queries & Solutions: San Francisco Giants Reds
Enjoyable intriguing trivia Concerns with Answers for the total family: Baseball Trivia Queries Answers
Extensive selection of exciting no cost trivia Queries and Answers: Sports Trivia Basketball